Movie Reviews, Chat, and e.t.c

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
happypantsman

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Well the next installment of Harry Potter is due to release this summer in the midst of summer Blockbuster season. I thought that the books were suppose to get darker as the story progressed, but apparently the film industry doesn't because the new one has only gotten a PG rating. This is really shocking to me and it makes me question if I will like the next one. I hope they don't decide to "lighten" up the series for the remainder of the movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FLAMES
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score:

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:02 pm

At the end of the series I fully expect the movies to have G ratings, and have all the characters holding hands singing ring around the rosie with vuldamore trying to molest them all. Harry Potter should just be burned along with his books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DavieBoy

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Oh man that's some harsh words from flames.

I'm not a fan of this PG rating either happy. I think it is defiantly a step away from the dark images that has grown as the series progressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhySoSerious?

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:18 pm

FLAMES wrote:
At the end of the series I fully expect the movies to have G ratings, and have all the characters holding hands singing ring around the rosie with vuldamore trying to molest them all. Harry Potter should just be burned along with his books.

Well I don't think any movie with someone being molested can be rated g.

Also I think the movie being of is a effort by Warner Bros. to get a broader audience, trying to reach out more.

DarkAngel
Crew Member

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Interesting concept there flames, if that's how HP concludes I will personally hand over my bank account to you.

I don't think HP fans have anything to worry about with this PG rating. I doubt that fans will even notice the difference. Maybe they will cut down on the "bloody hell" saying but that's about it. I feel that the decision to get a PG instead of a PG-13 was on to counter the group (particularly moms) out there that have said that they banned harry potter from their house because of the evil witchcraft behind the story. Remember a couple of years ago when this was a huge debate? Was harry potter suitable for children? That was the question. Well this rating will answer that question for moms and others. It's not that difficult to curve a rating, honestly there could have been previous potter films that could have got a PG rating.

RiotOverThere

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score: $ 25,000,000

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Well put DA, I remember when everyone was asking that question. It's amazing how much a simple rating can affect a parents mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypantsman

Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:46 pm

DarkAngel wrote:
Interesting concept there flames, if that's how HP concludes I will personally hand over my bank account to you.

I don't think HP fans have anything to worry about with this PG rating. I doubt that fans will even notice the difference. Maybe they will cut down on the "bloody hell" saying but that's about it. I feel that the decision to get a PG instead of a PG-13 was on to counter the group (particularly moms) out there that have said that they banned harry potter from their house because of the evil witchcraft behind the story. Remember a couple of years ago when this was a huge debate? Was harry potter suitable for children? That was the question. Well this rating will answer that question for moms and others. It's not that difficult to curve a rating, honestly there could have been previous potter films that could have got
a PG rating.

Very good points made by DA, I hope your right about there not being any difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SolarEnergy

Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:35 pm

There will be a huge difference in this one. Expect not to see alot of wizardtry and alot less violence, the rating will clearly show in this next one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aXe

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 pm

What were the previous ones rated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iFoundNemo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 am

The last one was pg13, I know that for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FLAMES
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score:

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:17 am

I'm fully holding you to your word DA I have an inside source in HP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkAngel
Crew Member

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 am

aXe wrote:

The first 3 were all rated PG, last two were PG13. I see no noticable difference in the movies that are PG and the PG13 ones.

jmn1n1

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 am

DarkAngel wrote:

The first 3 were all rated PG, last two were PG13. I see no noticable difference in the movies that are PG and the PG13 ones.
In that case it wont be any different. Maybe they are all younger in the first 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aXe

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:03 am

DarkAngel wrote:
aXe wrote:

Well in that case I agree with you DA. There shouldnt be that big of a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hush Sound Rocks

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 am

The first ones were much more light and kid based than the last ones, this PG might be turning me off of this movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?   

Back to top Go down

What affect will a PG rating have on Harry Potter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1