Movie Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Reviews, Chat, and e.t.c

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SAG Nominations Announced

Go down 
+6
ViolentGodde5s
wallyworld
FLAMES
MovieGOD
CyberAlien
DarkAngel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkAngel
Crew Member
DarkAngel

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-05

SAG Nominations Announced Empty
PostSubject: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 11:25 am

The latest awards nominations were announced this morning, this time for the Screen Actors Guild (the second most popular bellwether to Oscar glory after the Golden Globes). The full list is below...and the surprise nominees are...eh, it's pretty much in line with the rest of the critics awards so far. Missing from the lead actor category is Gran Torino's Clint Eastwood, but the odds-on choices are all there (i.e. - Ben Button's Brad Pitt, Milk's Sean Penn, and Wrestler Mickey Rourke). Leonardo DiCaprio got the snub, too, for Revolutionary Road, but it's good to see veteran Richard Jenkins nominated for the I-never-knew-I-could-play-the-drums indie The Visitor. We're not sure, though, about Dev Patel and Kate Winslet being nominated for support in Slumdog Millionaire and The Reader. Their performances are fine, but hey, SAGers, weren't they playing the leads? Anyway, it's still a good morning when Robert Downey Jr. is once again nominated for his politically incorrect and hilarious performance as Kirk Lazarus in Tropic Thunder, and here's another cheers to Taraji P. Henson, definitely the heart and soul of Ben Button.

SAG NOMINATIONS 2008:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role

RICHARD JENKINS - THE VISITOR
FRANK LANGELLA - FROST/NIXON
SEAN PENN - MILK
BRAD PITT - THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
MICKEY ROURKE - THE WRESTLER

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

ANNE HATHAWAY - RACHEL GETTING MARRIED
ANGELINA JOLIE - CHANGELING
MELISSA LEO - FROZEN RIVER
MERYL STREEP - DOUBT
KATE WINSLET - REVOLUTIONARY ROAD

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

JOSH BROLIN - MILK
ROBERT DOWNEY, JR. - TROPIC THUNDER
PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN - DOUBT
HEATH LEDGER - THE DARK KNIGHT
DEV PATEL - SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role

AMY ADAMS - DOUBT
PENÉLOPE CRUZ - VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA
VIOLA DAVIS - DOUBT
TARAJI P. HENSON - THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
KATE WINSLET - THE READER

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

DOUBT
FROST/NIXON
MILK
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE
THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
Back to top Go down
CyberAlien

CyberAlien

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score: $25,000,000

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 11:55 am

SAG's are a joke they pay no attention to movies that came out earlier in the year. Dark Knights cast was amazing, no even considered? Jolie in Changeling? Her performance could have been played just as well by another actress. That part was not hard to play at all.
Back to top Go down
MovieGOD

Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:32 am

Its surprising Downey Jr. got nominated for Tropic Thunder thunder, but not for Iron Man...
Back to top Go down
FLAMES
V.I.P Member
FLAMES

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score:

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:19 pm

MovieGOD wrote:
Its surprising Downey Jr. got nominated for Tropic Thunder thunder, but not for Iron Man...
Maybe because in Tropic hes getting nominated for supporting role and in Iron Man he was the main .... DUH!
Back to top Go down
MovieGOD

Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:20 pm

FLAMES wrote:

Maybe because in Tropic hes getting nominated for supporting role and in Iron Man he was the main .... DUH!
Oh lol didnt read that part, thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wallyworld

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:33 pm

I really cant wait for Frost Nixon to come out near me, that movie has great reviews, and alot of nominations.
Back to top Go down
ViolentGodde5s
Crew Member
ViolentGodde5s

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:24 pm

So its that time of the year again! Exclamation Question Exclamation Question I'm glad to see Vicky Cristinia Barcelona on the list, that was my favorite movie of the year.
Back to top Go down
BossMan
Crew Member
BossMan

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 am

wallyworld wrote:
I really cant wait for Frost Nixon to come out near me, that movie has great reviews, and alot of nominations.

I'm hearing alot of great things about Frost also, i cant wait for it to expand nationwide.
Back to top Go down
iFoundNemo

iFoundNemo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:13 pm

This list is filled with really good movies. Yes most have just came out recently, and there has been good ones earlier in the year also, but its still an fantastic list.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:30 pm

I hope Anne wins the Female Actor in a Leading Role award, her performance in Rachel Getting Married was simply amazing. She has some tough comp though, Jolie in Changeling seems to be the favorite to me.
Back to top Go down
SolarEnergy

SolarEnergy

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm truly surprised that Burn After Reading didnt get any nominations or how about Tell No One?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAG Nominations Announced   SAG Nominations Announced Empty

Back to top Go down

SAG Nominations Announced
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Movie Night :: Headlines :: Movie and Celeb News-
Jump to: