Movie Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Reviews, Chat, and e.t.c

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holiday Predictions

Go down 
+11
KerriWasHere!
DavieBoy
ViolentGodde5s
Think Pink
Xenon54
FLAMES
wallyworld
SkiTTles
MovieGOD
DarkAngel
WhySoSerious?
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WhySoSerious?
WhySoSerious?

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Holiday Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:07 am

So out of the big list of holiday movies this year, which one do you guys think will make the most, there isnt just one clear cut winner out there, but i'm going to lean towards Marley and Me simply because it was a best seller book and its a movie for all ages.

Here's the list of others to choose from..

Marley & Me
Bedtime Stories
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Spirit
Revolutionary Road
Valkyrie
Back to top Go down
DarkAngel
Crew Member
DarkAngel

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:24 am

I'm hoping that The Spirit will find some way to get the top spot but as the days get closer and closer it seems harder to believe.. Sad
Back to top Go down
MovieGOD

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 am

WhySoSerious? wrote:
there isnt just one clear cut winner out there, but i'm going to lean towards Marley and Me simply because it was a best seller book and its a movie for all ages.

You can elminate Revolutionary Road, Valkyrie and just maybe cut out Spirit to. I'm probs going to say Marley and Me also, but dont sleep on Bedtime Stories Disney knows how to advertise.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 am

Lets put some numbers to these movies...

Marley and Me - 40mil range
Bedtime Stories - 30 to 35 mil
Spirit - 20 mil range
Everything else in the teens
Back to top Go down
wallyworld

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Dont forget about Yes Man Tale of Despereaux and Seven Pounds, they will be good contenders next week also.

I think Marley can get around 35 to 38 mil
and Bed Time coming in 2nd with another 30 mil
then Yes Man, The Spirit, Seven Pounds all in the 20 mil range
Back to top Go down
MovieGOD

Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:00 pm

wallyworld wrote:
Dont forget about Yes Man Tale of Despereaux and Seven Pounds, they will be good contenders next week also.

Thats a good point wally, its so much comp that no movie is going to be able to draw to large of a group.
Back to top Go down
FLAMES
V.I.P Member
FLAMES

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score:

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Its really no question, Marley is going to make the most even though it shouldnt because its propably the lamest movie, but it will make the most.
Back to top Go down
Xenon54
Xenon54

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:07 pm

I think that The Spirit is going to be a HUGE surprise, look at the crew that it has. The Spirit will end up in 2nd if not 1st, no one really cares for Bed Time Stories, seriously...

Spirit 38 to 42 mil
Marley 38 to 45 mil
Yes Man 30 mil
Seven pounds 30 mil
Bed Time 20 mil
Back to top Go down
wallyworld

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Xenon54 wrote:
I think that The Spirit is going to be a HUGE surprise, look at the crew that it has.

It does have a nice cast, but i dont think it will have that huge of an effect...
Back to top Go down
Think Pink
V.I.P Member
Think Pink

Number of posts : 33

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score: $ 25,000,000

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:13 pm

You guys cant overlook The Spirit its going to do amazingly in box office. Sin City and 300 both did really well, its based off a really successful new strip also, i can see 40 million for The Spirit easily...
Back to top Go down
ViolentGodde5s
Crew Member
ViolentGodde5s

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Benjamin Button will be the sleeper here, its going to do exceptionally well. But i do think that Marley and Me will do the most, i wouldn't be surprise if it does 50 million its opening weekend. After that Bedtime Stories or Benjamin Button both in the 40 mil range.
Back to top Go down
DavieBoy

DavieBoy

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:44 am

1. Marley and Me 60 million
2. Seven Pounds 35 million
3. Bedtime Stories 32 million
4. The Spirit 25 million
5. Yes Man 26 million

Now thats the holiday season top 5 box office right there.
Back to top Go down
KerriWasHere!

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:53 am

I'm surprised no one is saying Bedtime Stories will be number 1. It will be the widest release and plays to the biggest audience. I think it can get to 60 million with the number one spot this holiday season.
Back to top Go down
BossMan
Crew Member
BossMan

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 am

DavieBoy wrote:
1. Marley and Me 60 million
2. Seven Pounds 35 million
3. Bedtime Stories 32 million
4. The Spirit 25 million
5. Yes Man 26 million

Now thats the holiday season top 5 box office right there.

Seven Pounds isnt even the top of its opening week I highly doubt it will finish 2nd with all these new movies coming in.

KerriWasHere! wrote:

I'm surprised no one is saying Bedtime Stories will be number 1. It will be the widest release and plays to the biggest audience. I think it can get to 60 million with the number one spot this holiday season.

I agree with that prediction alsobecause it is going to be playing in the most theatres.
Back to top Go down
DarkAngel
Crew Member
DarkAngel

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:30 am

KerriWasHere! wrote:

I dont know.. just because it will be playing at the most locations doesnt really mean its going to do the best. I'm sort of sick of Sandler now, and i think theres quite a large group that feels the same way about me.
Back to top Go down
iFoundNemo

iFoundNemo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:08 am

Bedtime Stories will make the most doesnt mean it will be the best, but it will make the most. Atleast 50 million in its pocket. Why will it make the most? It has Disney behind it.
Back to top Go down
MagicForce
MagicForce

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:06 pm

I like what nemo said, "it has Disney behind it". Disney is a powerhouse anything they put out will do really well. Bedtime will be in 1st with 50 million, maybe even 60 mil.
Back to top Go down
FLAMES
V.I.P Member
FLAMES

Number of posts : 56

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score:

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:41 pm

MagicForce wrote:
I like what nemo said, "it has Disney behind it". Disney is a powerhouse anything they put out will do really well. Bedtime will be in 1st with 50 million, maybe even 60 mil.

No one wants to see that crap, no one really cares for Adam and Bedtime Stories anymore. After the dumbest movie of 2008 Zohan ppl are just going to say screw Sandler plus theres also a movie thats even cuter and is also a comedy coming out that day... Marley and Me.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:17 pm

The Disney factor is the biggest factor apparently, but i still think that people love pets and therefore will want Marley and Me.
Back to top Go down
Think Pink
V.I.P Member
Think Pink

Number of posts : 33

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score: $ 25,000,000

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm dying to see Marley and me, but i think that Bedtime Stories will make more because i see more advertisements for that movie around than I do for Marley and Me.
Back to top Go down
WhySoSerious?
WhySoSerious?

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 pm

I say Maryley will make around 55 million since everyone is putting numbers on it I just though i'll add a number to mine.
Back to top Go down
BossMan
Crew Member
BossMan

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:58 pm

DarkAngel wrote:

I dont know.. just because it will be playing at the most locations doesnt really mean its going to do the best. I'm sort of sick of Sandler now, and i think theres quite a large group that feels the same way about me.

Majority of the time the movie with the biggest release ends up being the top of Box Office, those people who just randomly decide to go to the movies are going to pick a movie that starts soon, and since theaters are getting so many prints of Bedtime that movie is going to be starting most often.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 3:34 pm

BossMan wrote:

Majority of the time the movie with the biggest release ends up being the top of Box Office, those people who just randomly decide to go to the movies are going to pick a movie that starts soon, and since theaters are getting so many prints of Bedtime that movie is going to be starting most often.

November 21st - Bolt was the widest released movie of the week, but it got slammed in Box Office by Twilight, hmm.... Widest release doesnt really mean anything.
Back to top Go down
Xenon54
Xenon54

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Xenon54 wrote:
I think that The Spirit is going to be a HUGE surprise, look at the crew that it has. The Spirit will end up in 2nd if not 1st, no one really cares for Bed Time Stories, seriously...

Spirit 38 to 42 mil
Marley 38 to 45 mil
Yes Man 30 mil
Seven pounds 30 mil
Bed Time 20 mil

Well, I was way off, i'm so surprised that Spirit bombed as much as it did. Horrible time to release this movie.
Back to top Go down
CyberAlien

CyberAlien

Registration date : 2008-08-07

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score: $25,000,000

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:59 pm

WhySoSerious? wrote:
I say Maryley will make around 55 million since everyone is putting numbers on it I just though i'll add a number to mine.

Good call, you were the closes... jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Predictions   Holiday Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday Predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next