Movie Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Reviews, Chat, and e.t.c

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Holiday Synopsis

Go down 
+9
KerriWasHere!
BossMan
DavieBoy
Xenon54
wallyworld
FLAMES
MovieGOD
SkiTTles
DarkAngel
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkAngel
Crew Member
DarkAngel

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:04 am

Here's a short synopsis of all of this years holiday movies...

"Bedtime Stories": A family comedy about a hotel handyman whose life changes when the bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to come true. Adam Sandler stars. Rated PG for mild rude humor and language.

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button": Brad Pitt stars in adaptation of a story by F. Scott Fitzgerald about a man who goes from old to young. Rated PG-13 for war violence, sex and language.

"Doubt": Nun (Meryl Streep) confronts a priest (Philip Seymour Hoffman) suspected of abusing a student in John Patrick Shanley's adaptation of his play. You can already hear the Oscar buzz. Rated PG-13 for mature themes.

"Gran Torino": Made-in-Detroit tale with Clint Eastwood as a disgruntled Korean War vet who sets out to reform his neighbor, a Hmong teenager. Rated R for language and violence.

"Marley & Me": Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston in the film version of John Grogan's best-seller about a lovable Labrador. Rated PG for mature themes and language.

"The Reader": Years after his affair with an older woman, a law student in post-World War II Germany, encounters her as she defends herself in a war crimes trial. Ralph Fiennes and Kate Winslet star. Rated R for sexuality.

"The Spirit": A rookie cop returns from the beyond as the Spirit, a hero whose mission is to fight against evil forces. Rated PG-13 for violence, sexual content and nudity.

"Valkyrie": Tom Cruise stars in a story about a plot to assassinate Hitler during World War II. Rated PG-13 for violence and language.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:41 am

Curious Case looks was a great movie. They did an advance screening in my city of it, and i was lucky enough to go. Brad Pitt characters are really shifting now, from him in Burn After Reading and this, he has a really wide acting range.
Back to top Go down
MovieGOD

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:05 pm

I'm really interested in Valkyrie even though im not a Tom Hanks fan, but i really like informational movies like this.
Back to top Go down
FLAMES
V.I.P Member
FLAMES

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score:

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Sad when the most interesting crap has Adam Sandler being the main .... bad Xmas line up this year.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:25 pm

FLAMES wrote:
Sad when the most interesting crap has Adam Sandler being the main .... bad Xmas line up this year.

That movie doesnt look interesting at all, how can you say that seems anywhere near as good as Spirit or Curious Case?
Back to top Go down
wallyworld

Number of posts : 22

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 pm

FLAMES wrote:

Just FLAMEY being FLAMEY, theres bound to be one movie you'll like eventually.
Back to top Go down
Xenon54
Xenon54

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Clint Eastwood in Gran Tornino.. OH YEAH!! He should stick to acting not directing, but that movie looks like a good one.
Back to top Go down
DavieBoy

DavieBoy

Number of posts : 24

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:46 am

MovieGOD wrote:
I'm really interested in Valkyrie even though im not a Tom Hanks fan, but i really like informational movies like this.

Tom Hanks looks amazing in this movie. A movie regarding Hitler, it has to be good.
Back to top Go down
BossMan
Crew Member
BossMan

Number of posts : 29

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 am

Im most excited for both Spirit and Gran Tarino this season. Both of those look very interesting, with interesting plots.
Back to top Go down
KerriWasHere!

Number of posts : 31

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 am

SkiTTles wrote:
Curious Case looks was a great movie. They did an advance screening in my city of it, and i was lucky enough to go. Brad Pitt characters are really shifting now, from him in Burn After Reading and this, he has a really wide acting range.

I'm looking forward for Curious Case also, it has a good cast, and a good storyline to back it up, i dont see how this cant atleast be decent.
Back to top Go down
iFoundNemo

iFoundNemo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 am

MovieGOD wrote:
DavieBoy wrote:

Tom Hanks looks amazing in this movie. A movie regarding Hitler, it has to be good.

I agree with you both, this movie looks very good. I cant wait to see it, and i think Hanks is a very good actor.
Back to top Go down
MagicForce
MagicForce

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Quote :
"The Spirit": A rookie cop returns from the beyond as the Spirit, a hero whose mission is to fight against evil forces.

Thats almost the synopsis for evil hero movie. Basic plot, but the movie should still be good.

Why isnt Frost / Nixon up there?
Back to top Go down
Think Pink
V.I.P Member
Think Pink

Number of posts : 33

Fantasy Box Office
Fantasy Box office Score: $ 25,000,000

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:51 pm

I'm dying to see Marley and Me, this looks like the ultimate family movie. Plus it has Luke Wilson and Jennifer Aniston in it to very high ranked actors and actresses.
Back to top Go down
DarkAngel
Crew Member
DarkAngel

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:22 pm

MagicForce wrote:

Why isnt Frost / Nixon up there?

Sowwie, wasnt really for sure if the offical date of release would make it an holiday release so i didnt put it.
Back to top Go down
SkiTTles
SkiTTles

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:31 pm

DarkAngel wrote:

Sowwie, wasnt really for sure if the offical date of release would make it an holiday release so i didnt put it.

Its not even coming out in my city until January..
Back to top Go down
DavieBoy

DavieBoy

Number of posts : 24

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 pm

After getting more information about the reader i have to say that movie looks really good. dont think its getting released in my city though. Sad
Back to top Go down
dallasdanny

dallasdanny

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Xenon54 wrote:
Clint Eastwood in Gran Tornino.. OH YEAH!! He should stick to acting not directing, but that movie looks like a good one.

Clint Eastwood has to be one of the elite actors out there, i like majority of his films, so i'm sure i'll like this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holiday Synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Synopsis   Holiday Synopsis Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday Synopsis
Page 1 of 1